The big controversial S word, No not sex; ‘Submission’! I know this term make some women squirm, but we have to put things into perspective here. Submission serves a purpose in the male and female dynamic, and I have often heard that there’s power in submission. A man definitely wants feel like a man, and wants to be king of his castle, which is understandable. I can definitely fall back and let a man be a man, but is he even worth it?
I don’t know about others, but for me submission is on a mutual and conditional basis. I will not be submissive to just every, and any man; he has to be deserving of it. I have seen so many women allowing men to have free reign and dictate in their life, and these men don’t even have a leadership bone in their body. Often times it’s the blind leading, the blind. No Sir, you will not lead me into oblivion!
Ladies I suggest you set some clear-cut standards on who you will allow to be in your life. A man has to show you why he is worth submitting to. Here are some tips on deciding on who is even worth entertaining the idea of submission:
1. Possessing natural born leadership skills is a must! If a man can’t improve the quality of your life, he is not fit to be submitted to. As a leader he should be totally respectful to his woman, trustworthy, considerate, and always express good judgment. This individual ought to make you feel safe and secure, and make you feel at home in his presence.
2. It is essential that he is wholeheartedly committed to the relationship. Remaining faithful and conveying unconditional love is the pinnacle character strength. Your beau must posses the ability to fend off any possible temptation that might come his way. It takes a strong man to resist temptation, and that’s what makes this type of man worth catering to.
3. Not only is this man compassionate to you, he also respects and values your opinion highly. He is involved in the wellbeing of his woman, and will take into consideration all of her concerns. In addition, not only do you support him in his endeavors, but he is also a supportive force in your undertakings as well.
4. It’s a necessity that he shows you through his actions the quality of man he is. Be sure to take note of how a man is conducting his own affairs, this will give you tale-tell sign of how he is able to manage life’s day-to-day responsibilities. This man has to be a proactive player in his own life, as well as yours. He should demonstrate organizational skills, responsibility, and resilience. This caliber of man will not leave you drowning; he would spring into action if your car broke down, or help out if you fall behind on the bills.
5. A man that is mentally present and involved in the growth of relationship is a keeper. I have heard first hand accounts of women that are married or in relationships, and still feel lonely. Their partners are physically there but mentally detached, and this is not a real relationship. Showing up is not enough! He has to emotionally invest in the relationship by spending quality time to keep the romance alive, and doing thoughtful deeds.
Those were the 5 basic principles a man should posses before you even consider submission. If a man can meet all these qualifications and more, I have no problem catering to him. Belle’s, ensure that the man in your life meet the above requirements before you give yourself the green light to go ahead and submit to him. So, if he is not meeting the criteria’s, or ever demands you submit to him, just send him on his merry way.
What do you think of the idea of submission? Are there any extra criteria’s that you would add to this list? Share your thoughts by leaving a comment below.
Shawna Kay (Blissed Out Belle)
Kay is a Lifestyle & Empowerment Enthusiast, and the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Blissed Out Belle™. Connect with her on Facebook here, and follow her on Twitter @BlissedOutBelle .