If I sound like I know you all to well, and as if I pulled a page right out of your journal, it’s because I can relate considering that I’m speaking from experience.
A few short years ago, I set out to conquer the world with a suitcase and a pocket full of dreams only to discover the world would rock me to my core, and awaken me to my true life’s calling.
My transformational journey began when I graduated college, and traded the comforts of home in Florida and my long-term boyfriend, to move to the concrete jungle of NYC. Upon arriving I landed my first gig after three days of being in the city. I was just thrilled to be offered the opportunity to work for a reputable company in my field, and wasn’t concerned at the time with whether it was the right fit for me.
So, there I was the living in the Big Apple, hustling and bustling about the city, and trying to establish myself in the big world. I assumed I had it all figured out until the big recession hit and I was let go from my first gig out of college, and to top it off I was going through a major breakup simultaneously. These two events were big blows that sent me in a tailspin of second guessing myself, and the direction I was heading, but most importantly it spawned my awakening.
During this time of questioning and deep reflection, I came to recognize that I spent most of my life looking for my sense of self, happiness, and success in all the wrong places. At that point, I had no understanding of who I was, and what I wanted for my life and career. So I began playing private investigator with myself by reconnecting the dots to discover exactly why I made the decisions I made in my life/career up until that point, and how I ended up where I was, and what I needed to do to move myself forward.
In my personal deep dive I uncovered a stack of clues that revealed my subconscious patterns, who & what influenced my beliefs, and most importantly had an “aha-moment” about my life’s purpose. My big epiphany came at the time when I was unknowingly coaching my younger sister through a longstanding battle with the eating disorders Anorexia & Bulimia. Through divine intervention I stumbled upon my calling long before I knew it! As a result of helping my sister with her struggles, she was able to become comfortable in her own skin, confident to express herself authentically, and free to blossom into the young woman who she is today.
Wow! It Blew My Mind that I had that type of power to make an impact on someone’s life. I always knew I had a deep desire to make a unique contribution to the world but I didn’t believe I could. So, after taking great joy and pleasure in seeing my sister’s transformation, it became crystal-clear that championing and empowering others to unlock their full potential and uncovering their gold mine of gifts is my purpose.
This wonderful insight drove me to launch the online lifestyle guide BlissedOutBelle.com, and led me to obtain training and certification as a certified life coach through Leadership That Works. I have studied with and have been mentored by some of the top coaches in the field including Richard Micheals, Martha Lasley, Madhu Maron, Kristen Domingue, and Suparna Bhasin.
These days, I’ve been mentoring and interviewing numerous millennial women to guide them in transforming their lives. I listen, support and challenge them to go beyond what they think is possible to discover who they are, what they believe in, then articulating their goals and ambitions into achievable actions to get their desired results. You don’t have to take my word for it! Read what past clients have to say about working with me.
10 RANDOM FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
- This soul rebel hails from the beautiful island of Jamaica, and was brought up in the sunshine state of Florida.
- I’m a Pisces in every sense of the word—creative, intuitive, spiritual, and freedom-seeking.
- I graduated with a degree in Fashion Design & Marketing, and have worked along side some of the biggest brands in the fashion business.I still embrace the knowledge, skills, and creativity from my experience to this day.
- I love to get down and dirty in mud runs and obstacle races. Don’t let my looks fool you; this is when my warrior goddess comes out, and I get to see what I’m really made of.
- I’m deeply spiritual, but don’t belong to any particular denomination. I believe we are all co-creators working with the Divine to manifest our life experience.
- You wouldn’t believe it but I’m an introvert, but I can be a firecracker when I need to be.
- I jam on all sorts of music, and I’ve shocked people with some of what I listen too. So what, I’m a oldies kind of gal, and I’m talking about way back before my parents time, but as always I do love my Roots, Rock, Reggae!
- I can be wildly daring! I’m talking about jumping out planes, and sitting on the edges of cliffs, yep I’ve done it! And I’m open to trying anything new.
- I’m a life-long student, so you’ll always catch me reading. I’m a stickler for self-help books. I love anything from Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer, Marianne Williamson, Don Miguel Ruiz, and Louise Hay, just to name a few.
- You would never know just by looking at me that I came from a tough family upbringing. Good thing, I don’t wear my past on my sleeve, and have healed & made peace with it. I don’t despise my experience because the lessons I learned shaped me into the woman I am today.